Social Justice Committee
The mission of the YWCA Yakima Social Justice Committee is to raise awareness about racism and other social inequities by providing education, facilitating community conversations and building partnerships to advance social justice to ensure equality for all.
The YWCA Social Justice Committee meets monthly and strives to host or participate in at least one event, activity or cause to advance social justice each month.
The YWCA Social Justice Committee has most recently:
- Participated in the MLK March
- Hosted Community Conversations at Northtown Coffee
- Hosted YWCA Stand Against Racism
- Screened The 13th at St. Michael’s
- Sponsored a book drive for the 2018 Juneteenth Celebration at MLK Jr. Park
- Hosted Kids Around the World at Franklin Park
Take the Pledge!
YWCA Pledge Against Racism
As an individual committed to social justice,
I stand with the YWCA against racism and discrimination of any kind.
I will commit to a lifetime of promoting peace, justice, freedom,
and dignity for all people in my community and around the world.
Learn more at StandAgainstRacism.org.