Today we celebrate Kristin Johnson! YWCA Yakima is on a mission to empower women. #52women52weeks was created to celebrate and highlight the amazing women & #SHEros in the #yakimavalley. We are proud to share more about Kristin..
1. What is one word that describes you perfectly? Teacher
2. What advice would you give to the next generation of female leaders? Use your talents to solve a problem, to help a cause you believe in, to empower others and you can’t go wrong.
3. What makes you happy? Being outside, being with family and friends who love and support me, my dogs. Also: a cup of tea, a book and time to enjoy both!
4. How do you measure success? Is a place or a process better because of what I contributed? Do the people involved know I enjoyed working with them?
5. What historical event inspires you the most? Being at the 1999 Women’s World Cup Finals in person and seeing a women’s sporting event on that stage was pretty incredible.
6. What is your favorite quote and why?
“…the time is always right to do right.” MLK Jr
“Don’t look back. You aren’t going that way.”
“Set back? Challenge? Disappointment? Get BETTER, not BITTER.”
All of these remind me to be present. They remind me I get to choose how I respond to people and events around me. Having a choice makes me hopeful even in tough times.